Pole Bean Salad
From Homegrown by Marta Teegen
- 3 ears white sweet corn, uncooked
- 3 handfuls green and yellow pole beans, cut into 2” pieces
- 1 cup mixed cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 handful Genovese basil and Purple Ruffles basil, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped summer savory
- 4 cups arugula, torn into bite-sized pieces
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8-ounce ball fresh buffalo mozzarella, cut into four pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use a sharp kitchen knife to remove the kernels from the corncob. Toss the kernels, tomatoes, and summer savory with olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spread the mixture evenly on a baking sheet, and roast uncovered in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- While the tomatoes and corn are roasting, boil the beans in salted water until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain immediately.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the roasted corn and tomatoes with the beans, basil, and arugula. Drizzle with olive oil to lightly coat. Add the lemon juice and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, and toss again.
- Serve with fresh mozzarella on the side.