Braised Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Garlic, and Cider Vinegar
From Homegrown by Marta Teegen
- 1 pound small Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1/4 pound bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2” strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Preheat over to 450 degrees F.
- In an 11" x 7" baking pan or on a rimmed baking sheet, toss together the Brussels sprouts, bacon, garlic, and oil. Add salt and pepper to taste, and toss again. Spread in a single layer.
- Roast in the upper third of the oven for about 25 minutes, or until the sprouts are tender and brown on the edges. Stir once halfway through the roasting to prevent sprouts from sticking to the pan. Once they are tender and brown, stir in the vinegar, scraping up the brown bits. Continue to cook for 2 or 3 minutes more. Remove from oven and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.