From my friend, Dana
- Prepared puff pastry sheet
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place tomatoes in a single layer on paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Let stand 30 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels. Stir together salt, mayonnaise, green onions, and 3/4 cup of cheese.
- Roll pastry into a 13-inch circle and fit into a 9-inch pie pan. Fold edges under and crimp.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly brown. Remove from oven, and sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese over bottom of crust. Arrange tomato slices over cheese in crust. Spread mayonnaise mixture over tomatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 34 to 37 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.